Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Snapshot Synopsis

When it comes down to it I've determined I'm pretty much blog-retarded. I've barely even dabbled in reading blogs, let alone trying my hand at the trade that seems so skilled. Do others agonize over what to write? "Am I being witty enough? Serious enough?" Or the age old question... "Is anybody even going to care?" But really, it doesn't matter. I'm writing this first and foremost for myself, and maybe if I'm lucky I will get a few followers along the way, though there is really no way of telling for sure.

My name is Kayla. I realize the longer I live with my name how much it sucks. It's too common and very awkward when you answer as a stranger yelling for their child as if you've known them for years and are going to sit down to brunch. Then I realize that there are people out there who name thier children Moon Unit, Bingham, or any other name that makes you want to face palm everytime you hear it. So I guess I can't complain too much on the name front.

I am a twenty-something year old. Sometimes I swear I forget my age and sometimes I suppose I just don't care to relay it to others. I am engaged, to the most wonderful woman I have ever met in my life. She and I have been together for over two years and I'm pretty sure she is the only one who could deal with my crap, so this must be love. (In all reality I would lose my marbles without her, I'm pretty lucky.)

We're Arizonians for now, and hating every minute of it. They say it's a dry heat, and it really isn't all that bad, but I assure you that this is a dirty, dirty lie. Dry heat, wet heat, heat heat, it's still hot and it still sucks. We have two seasons a year, summer and eh...fall? And the current mission is to abandon post, and in doing so abandoning all family and friends and moving across the country. MA to be more specific. It's not that we don't love our family and the friends we have grown so close to over the last however many years. It's that when making a list... it looked a little something like this

MA
- Better Economy
- More Culture
- Better Education system
- Better Seasons
- Lower Unemployment Rate
- Legal recognition

AZ
- Family/Friends

and it just kind of seemed like a no brainer. Though please, correct me if I'm wrong.

In a sense, I guess that's why I wanted to write a blog at all. The next few years are bound to be the most exciting/stressful/everythingelsegoodandbad years of our life. Between moving across the country, planning a very difficult wedding (with little to no support) followed by the long road of trying to create life (preferably twice) and I am going to share this all with the vastly growing internet crowd! Yay for me.

Well, here goes nothing. The blogging journey begins

No comments:

Post a Comment