Monday, February 11, 2013

Back Story Part Two: The Knight and The Princess

When I was 11, going on 12 years old. I meet my nephew for the first time. He was only a couple months old bit from the first moment I was completely enamored. He was beautiful and I instantly have him my while heart. My blood father hated his mother though, and after the few months I spent with him I was not able to see him for years. I got pictures and each day that passed he grew so big, and smart. I missed him every single day.

A year later my disaster had another child, this time a girl. I only revived pictures of both of them. I was finally able to meet my niece, Kayden (who's name is derived from my name as well add my moms) and finally see Jeshua again (who's middle name is part of my middle name) when I was nearly 18, having left home... Early to put it lightly.

I loved my niece, but that bond I had developed with my nephew was just.. Irreplaceable. He reminded me of myself add a child. Smart, quiet, shy. Sensitive and always out to help others. The fall following my 18th birthday I revived a frantic call from my sister. And thus started the vicious cycle.

Since that frantic call I've cared for my niece and nephew for extended periods of time on 3 separate occasions. In many ways they have helped me grow and learn the things I want to give my children. My nephew had continued to be more like me than any one else in our god forsaken family. And my heart breaks for him. I may be you'd but I would give anything for him to live with us once again, and adopt him as our own.

Needless to say, my sister and I no longer speak. There's only so much one person can take.

So everybody, keep your fingers crossed that my nephew ends up in his rightful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment